Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Sweethearts" Morgan's 1st Semi-Formal Dance

Morgan getting her hair done. The friend's mom doing her hair said, "geeze, she sure has a lot of hair" You would have never thought she was totally bald until about 3-years-old.



"Please don't take my picture...well, O.K. I do need some cute ones for my Facebook"






"What the??????"





















I am not sure exactly how this happened--well, obviously I know how it happens, but I just find myself amazed at the beautiful, talented young lady Morgan is turning into. Most days I feel she was sent to our family to teach me. But I do know a thing or two about parental control, especially when I am the one with the camera.




"Mom, seriously...you really need to take this many pictures?"






















"Mom, we're sooooo done. I'm going to take the camera away from you now!"






Here's the whole group. Jennie was saying something about Mike's stinky feet to get them to smile so big. Thanks for all of your help, Jennie!


Morgan with her girl friends, Carmen, Lizzy, and Erin.


The girls making a funny pose.



Morgan and her friends decided that it would be a fun idea to decorate pizzas as part of their dinner date. I wasn't thinking ahead when I agreed to this idea and didn't realize that they would already be all dressed up when they started in with the pizza sauce. In the end there was nothing to be worried about. Not a drop of sauce was spilled.

Morgan has a somewhat healthy obsession(if there is such a thing as a healthy obsession) with peace signs. Was she born after her time? Or should we always have peace on the brain no matter the era?



The finished product! It almost looks too good to eat. Thanks, Amy for the awesome pizza dough recipe. It is the best! Let me help interpret Morgan's expression:"Mom, come on! I am starving!"

Putting on the corsage. The baby orchids were so lovely and a perfect match to her dress. It seems like just yesterday to me, but I guess it's been a while. Morgan reminded me the day of the dance that we hadn't ordered a boutonniere yet. Turns out Jimmy hadn't ordered her corsage either. I called our local florist and they had them made up in about 15 minutes. Thanks, Hope Blooms!


Morgan and her date, Jimmy, just before they walked out the door. Doesn't she look just beautiful!


4 comments:

Gonzales Family said...

I think Morgan is the queen of the what the??? face. I swear it is the face she makes in like every picture you take of her....Teenagers!!! xoxo Lindz

Tyla Majors said...

She is soooo beautiful!! A complete Kirsten Dunst look-alike. Her and Mr.Columbia make a cute couple - I can't believe she's 16! Hope you had fun in Draper - missed you on Sunday for our 2-hour nursery stretch :)

Mommy Shar said...

She is so pretty! Seems like just yesterday it was me at the dances, how time flies. Sure love that girl!!

Chandy said...

Way to go Morgan! You are staying true to your standands wearing the darling cardigan with your dress. Those boys don't need to see or touch your bare shoulders when you're dancing now, do they!?